COME ONE, COME ALL
Our principle tenet at Hotel Marcel is hospitality for the planet. Everyone is welcomed to fully experience our distinctive accommodations, event spaces and services. Guest room and property accessibility features custom designed in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act are listed below for your convenience. For more information and special assistance in booking your visit with Hotel Marcel please reach out to our reservations desk at (800) 445-8667.
Hotel Accessibility Features
Property Accessibility Features
- Accessible entrances to the hotel and restaurant.
- Accessible doorways to all facilities,meeting spaces and common areas.
- Accessible elevator with braille signage.
- Accessible registration area on ground floor.
- Accessible public restrooms located on main hotel registration level.
- ADA accessible and connecting guest rooms.
- Service animals allowed.
- Fire alarms for the hearing and visually impaired.
- Porte-cochere with accessible.
- pick-up and drop-off spaces.
- Accessible van and self-parking with designated spaces closest to accessible entrance.
- Non-slip public access area ramps.
- Ramps longer than 6 feet feature sturdy railings on both sides.
Guest Room Accessibility Features
- Wheelchair accessible rooms and bedrooms.
- Accessible entrance via a walkway/path without stairs.
- Doorway entrance, interior doorways and all paths of travel provide at least 36 inches of clearance for mobility-impaired guests.
- Lever handles on guest room doors.
- Viewports and door security lowered to 36 inches from the floor.
- Closed captioning television.
- ADA facility with connectors for aides.
- Accessible custom desks and tables.
- Light, temperature controls and electrical outlets at accessible height.
- Lowered closet bars and shelving to 36 inches from the floor.
Bathroom Accessibility Features
- Accessible bathrooms with 36 inch wide doors.
- Accessible height vanity.
- Standard roll-in shower with adjustable and movable shower head.
- Shower features detachable hand-held shower wand.
- Wall-mounted grab bars in shower/bathtub and adjacent to the toilet.
- Raised toilet seat and portable bathtub seat available by request.
At Hotel Marcel we are committed to providing an excellent online experience for all our guests - including those with hearing, vision, and other disabilities. To ensure this, Hotel Marcel strives to substantially conform with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 . Our website is designed, developed, and maintained in accordance with these guidelines, including regular testing. If you have any difficulty, questions, or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility of our website, please contact us at [email protected] or 203-780-7800. Subsequent reports were run on: 03/01/2023; 02/04/2023; 01/02/2023; 12/01/2022; 11/04/2022; 10/03/2022; 09/20/2022; 09/01/2022; 08/01/2022; 07/08/2022; 07/01/2022; 06/28/2022
Browser HelpOptimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility FeaturesThis website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation ShortcutsOur website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic MarkupHTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.hotelmarcel.com/site-map
Images VisibilityAll content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards ComplianceThe site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and ServicesThe following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.